Which teenagers can Play Huge Coaching really help?
- You’re bored. Being in school is insulting. It feels completely useless and a waste of your time.
- You don’t like school and the superficial values of our culture and want to know what to do about it.
- You’re lonely. It’s hard making friends and you don’t feel like you fit.
- There is a ton of stress, pressure, and misery in your world. You want it to stop, because you realize that it’s not getting you where you really want to go. You want to be a happy and healthy person, not just someone focused on grades.
- No one understands you. You feel lonely. You’re mad but don’t have anyone to talk to about any of this.
- There are times when you wonder if you are screwed up. You wonder, “am I okay?”
- You want to do something with your life. But you aren’t sure what or how.
- You are mad at your parents. They just don’t understand and don’t let you do your thing.
- School doesn’t work for you. You hate it. You’re bad at it. And it doesn’t interest you.
No matter which of these situations you find yourself in, I can help you.
Our approach works if:
- You are in High School or College
- You get good grades
- You get bad grades
- You’re an athlete, academic, artist, performer, or social butterfly
- You are probably headed to college
- You play video games, spend time on Facebook, and send text messages
- Are involved in after school activities
- Have siblings or don’t have siblings
- You are ADD or think you might be ADD (or someone else thinks so)
- You sneak out, drink, use drugs, or aren’t always truthful with your parents
- You’re taking some time off of school
- You live at home
- You live on your own
- You are still financially dependent on your parents
- You’ve started paying your own way
- You have recently graduated and are trying to figure out what is next
But, will it work for you?
It will if you care about some of this stuff:
Making a difference.You want to find a way to contribute that feeds your heart and has a positive impact.
Real Life. You are ready for the real world, not the classroom. You are ready to explore, experience, and figure out the world.
Being awesome. You want to be really good at the stuff that you do. You are ready to work hard and dive deep into whatever you decide to do.
Fun & Play! You’re ready to have some fun and explore what is possible. You want to be outrageous and find others who are ready to play along.
You care. You know there is a lot of fucked up stuff going on in the world and you don’t like it. The suffering, injustice, lack of ethics, and harming people for self-interest really doesn’t work for you. You care about people and want to learn how to be part of the solution.
Cleaning up your messes. You know that you’re going to make some messes and get into some trouble, but don’t want to “Leave a Trace” so that others have to clean up your crap, your mistakes, and your dignity.
The Real You. You know there is something inside you that wants to come out – it’s valuable, beautiful, and unique. It eats at you. It guides you. It wants to play. It wants to yell “here I am and I’ve got something important to say”! There is a burning desire inside you to find this genius and a big commitment to begin living it.
Connection to people. You’re curious about native people, communities that thrive, heartfelt connections between people, sweat lodges, ancient rituals, how people lived in old times, and where to find that stuff in today’s world. You crave deep meaningful connections to other people.
You might be wondering how all this works…and even what “all this” is. You can find some answers here.